Bonsai For Dummies

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > 10 dollar Bonsai

fad3daukai

Hello everyone and good day, I am very new to this Bonsai Tree adventure. I am 39 just getting started and I know that starting a seed would be point less. I started with  a Ginseng Ficus and I had got that thru the mail. I thought I was getting a potted plant and turned out to be a plastic bonsai container, soil and the root....LOL I was like what the heck is this. I didn't even know how to plant the dang thing. So I gave it a shot. Then about 3 weeks after I planted i was in Wal-mart and noticed that they had Money Tree for 10 bucks, so I bought two. Then I seen a tree I have no idea what it is. With that being said, I have done no pruning or cuts, I was wondering what kind of tree it is and how to care for these tree's, as far as what shape to make and how to prune. I have watered the Ginseng Ficus since I have had it, seems to be sprouting some branches with leaves. As well as the Wal mart plants. Today I went and grabbed Miricle Grow Fert (20-8-16, whatever that means) and only used half strength and fed them. I hope I am doing right. I really would like to know if the the curvy bonsai is worth shaping. I assume it is a slant style. But for now I am just letting them grow and getting more info.; Wish I could post pics so that u may help me more. Thanks for the time.

May 29, 2011 at 4:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

fad3daukai

Just figured out how to put multiple pics on here......I have the topic as "my new adventure"

--

May 29, 2011 at 4:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.